Typical Search Problems
Some problems users might experience with a search from an interface within our system are as follows:
Your search is too narrow.
- Narrow searches often return no or wrong results due to the level of specification a person uses. For example, if you're searching for 'Saint James High School' and they are listed as 'St. James High School', you will not get your result.
Your search is too broad.
- Broad searches often return too many results. For example, if you're looking for 'Saint James High School' and you search for 'School', you will get about 300 pages of results, effectively building a haystack around your needle.
Searching - Best Practices
Go with it.
- Start by trying to find what you're looking for. You might get lucky!
Broaden your search.
- If you don't get the result you're looking for, try to use less specific search terminology. Then you can begin to narrow in on your result.
Narrow your search slowly.
- If your broad search presents you with 1000 results, begin to narrow them down logically. If you searched for 'school', change it to 'high school'. Then maybe filter by state, etc..
If you still can not find your result, consider submitting a Support Ticket, or listing a specific result you are trying to find in the comments and we'll do our best to help.
Customer support service by UserEcho